Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Style Match Outfits




How to Dress a Rectangle Body Shape (when I'm at my proper weight, I won't be remotely thin and straight enough for this, but while I'm still overweight, I'm having trouble finding "cylindrical" so "rectangular" is as close as it gets...):



Last week in Dynamics of Clothing, we measured every single part of our bodies and put the measurements into a cad system to see what body type we have. My body type is a rectangle. Which means that my shoulders, bust, and hips are all around the same size. The overall goal for me when dressing is to minimize the waist and create curves. I can do this by creating interest above the bust line and leading the eye to the face or leading the eye inward at the waist will diminish the thickness of the waistline.






Here are two outfits that would look good on my body type:

Chambray + Stripes:

Why it works: This striped blazer would help define my waist and the collared shirt and statement necklace would bring emphasis to my face. 

 :

Why it works: This outfit would look good on me because the wide neck shirt would bring attention to my neckline.  And the patterned, bright pencil skirt would draw emphasis to a more fitted waistline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment